Recently I started this project online of building a website discussing various marketing topics. I do it mostly as a hobby, and it has been a great experience so far. Building it took me around half a day and I wanted to share some tips in case you wanted to build a website for yourself or for your brand. Here are 5 tips to help you build your own website.
- Pick a name: Some website has very complicated names, and the easy ones are probably hard to find. I would recommend you place the name of your brand and the function. For example, if you have a clothing brand called Lugia, you could go with lugiaclothing.com or lugiastore.com. Keep it simple for your target audience. Once you have the name for your domain, buy it!
- Find useful references: Having a role model to be the benchmark can help you know what type of design you would like to have for your website. Think carefully about the colors, images, and style that you want to communicate with your visitors.
- Select the platform that best works for you: Select a platform to build your website. If you are new to computer work, I would recommend finding a platform like Wix or WordPress. Evaluate their differences a choose what best fits you.
- Set up your google analytics: Connect your website to google analytics. Having analytics is key in evaluating your results and adapting your strategy and content.
- Prepare to be discipline with your content. I would recommend starting small, like a post every two weeks, once you get accustomed to generating your own content you can increase the frequency.
I hope these tips help you in your way of building your website. As I’m new in the website world I would also appreciate any tips that you could share. Could you share your tips for building a website with others? Leave a comment below with your recommendations!