Robert Cialdini once wrote: “A well-known principle of human behavior says that when we ask someone to do us a favor, we will be more successful if we provide a reason. People simply like to have reasons for what they do.” During this article, I want to touch base on how as marketers we can implement certain tactics to persuade our customers to go further down our funnels and how to build a healthier and stronger relationship with your patient based Cialdini’s six persuasion principles.
- Reciprocity: Offer a free consultation to see if a patient can get a treatment like veneers or Invisalign. Also, if you detect any issues inform him, if not then calmly explain the benefits of any suggested treatment.
- Consistency: Develop rewards programs, customers that start having the best mouth hygiene (Like flossing daily and cleaning their teeth 3 times a day) get a discount on whitening and/or dental cleanups.
- Social Proof Principle: Make sure to incentivize your customers to put online reviews, also use your social media with patients that wish to be shown with those beautiful smiles that you help them get!
- The Liking Principle: Smile to your customers, and make sure all of your staff is friendly, and with clean uniforms. Make sure whenever you talk to a customer about an issue with their health maintenance to not sound like you are judging him but more like a teammate and build a sense of cooperation.
- Authority: Yes, placing your graduation title, local and national awards, and technological certifications on the wall really work!
- Scarcity: Make limited-time offers like 25% discounts on treatments during a specific month, make sure to communicate that openings are limited!
I hope these six easy practices are useful for your business, the idea is to use small steps to build rapport with your patients, this will bring them to your practice and earn their trust and cooperation so that you can better provide service to make them happy! What practices do you already have in your practice? Please leave a comment below and remember to subscribe to our newsletter for more cool tips!